I just came home from the gym and after one week pause, I felt so rusty, my knees, my back were like, why are you bothering us, go back to sleep.
Felt the need to complain a bit, because I know I won’t have the chance to do that at Alternative Fitness on Thursday.
What I wanted to talk about today is habits as I read an interesting quote the other day, ” Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what gets you going”, which is quite true. In time, going to gym became a habit, taking photos for the blog was a habit, going to events was a habit.
But like everything, not doing a certain activity for while it is a bit hard to start over again. Besides eating crappy food, you slip once, and you’re doomed!
Anyway, tips on how to make and keep a habit:
- Think why is making the certain activity important to you. Having an active life, networking, growing your business, you know what I mean.
- Make a plan and visualize the process and the outcome.
- Prioritize stress management & tasks. Get organized and make lists. Every time, I write down what I have to do for the day or week, I get it done, if not, almost always I forget to do something and then I have to skip on something else to do that. And that’s how my blog’s social life goes out the drain.
- Make small & big goals and reward yourself when achieving them.
- Have someone to make you accountable, this one works wonders.
The above picture is from The One 10 years of Inspiration Gala, at which I wouldn’t have gone if it was not for a client. Yeah, I’m like that…