Splurge vs Save: Leopard print shoes

leopard print shoes
I know, I know, they are at the line between classy and tacky, but in the end it’s a matter of taste. There was  a time, not long ago, that I hated leopard print, I mean really hate it and that’s because ( I said it before) I associated it with a certain type of people. A lot have changed though, now I like leopard print and I’m gonna get a pair of shoes,  I’m just waiting for spring.
In my opinion leopard print shoes, or print shoes in general, look better with a minimalist/simple look.
Do you like leopard print shoes? Save or splurge?
BOURGEOIS TRENCH COAT
35,700 JPY – mirabella.jp
Trench coats »

Chanel vintage bags BROWN
3,048 GBP – matchesfashion.com
Shoulder bags »

save by nookie featuring skinny belts

photo via stockholmstreetsyle

11 Comments

1. January 19, 2011 / 5:07 pm

i'm the same way!! i used to hate any animal print (with the exception of my leapord-print obsession at age 11), but it's really growing on me! i love the shoes

2. January 19, 2011 / 5:54 pm

Obisnuiam sa urasc si eu leopard print si multe alte lucruri in trecut. Acum, mi-am schimbat complet preferintele in materie de moda.
    So I say, SAVE.

3. January 19, 2011 / 5:59 pm

I used to hate animal print too but know I am in love with this pattern! I love the topshop shoes! They look amazing.

4. January 19, 2011 / 6:55 pm

I never used to like leopoard print either, but I think little pops of it are really affective, I'm slowly converting! These shoes are beautiful

5. January 19, 2011 / 9:00 pm

luckily u don't connect the trends with "certain" people!:)) i was always the fan of leopard print,actually animal print in general,and i think i'll always be!:)) the pics in the post are fantastic!!;)

6. January 19, 2011 / 9:33 pm

Those Pradas are great!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

7. January 19, 2011 / 9:56 pm

Leopard print is fab, but of course you must do it tastefully!!!! I'm in the process of creating a "splurge vs. save" post. I keep seeing designer inspired things everything!

8. January 21, 2011 / 6:24 pm

the coat in the original pic really blows me away!

kiss

9. January 22, 2011 / 2:53 am

I really think that animal prints need to be an item you splurge on. Many cheaper options look tacky. This is definitely a splurge for me.